Okay drama aside, my birthday was really fabulous. First and foremost, it was bizarre to think about where we were a year ago. Last year, I was really really hoping that my birthday present would be getting news that I could be Jaisal's donor. Although we were thinking of some liver things this year on my birthday - his latest slightly elevated labs, whether his recently acquired cold would make those labs look worse at the next blood draw, and how high or not his BP would be while we trial him off those meds - they were really passing thoughts as part of our new normal. We just had a fun weekend together.
What's a birthday weekend consist of these days? Well lots of little man time of course. We played with trains.
Jaisal noshed on one of his favorite snacks during football, eating olives. We have to make special visits to the olive bar to satiate Jaisal's love of olives. I actually love the varied diet this kid eats. He'll have whitefish quiche for breakfast, gourmet tacos from our favorite taco bar, and snack on roasted cauliflower. He may not always want to eat a lot, but at least he'll eat most anything (although mac n cheese and pizza are favorites).
Besides all the quality time with Kirk and Jaisal, I also was fortunate enough to have dinner and drinks with family. All in all, a great birthday, despite getting a year older.
No comments:
Post a Comment