I still worry about whether he is growing appropriately, but then I look back at the pre-transplant stats (consistently 3rd percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height) and it's clear that Sir Oliver is doing his job to help Jaisal get nutrition and grow. Yay Sir Oliver!
Other than that Jaisal is doing exactly what he should be doing as a three old. We're making potty training progress. We've ditched the diapers altogether and can go most days in just underwear. Overnight we still need some cover, but the kid also downs a whole glass of water right before he falls asleep so I think that is going to take some time to work itself out.
He's got his alphabet down and enjoys reading off letters in words. My favorite is when we read a book about baking cookies and he reads the label on the milk container. It goes like this. Jaisal: "M-I-L-K". Me: "What's that spell?" Jaisal: "Dudha" (the gujarati word for milk). I love how his brain is parallel processing these concepts, while at the same time I realize we have a long way to go to help him understand phonics. :)
He runs around all the time and climbs everything, but he's totally afraid of heights. We're planning to head out on vacation soon and we've been slowly acclimating Jaisal to the idea of planes. Every time we tell him he's going on a plane he says, "no mummy, it's too high."
Papa is the center of Jaisal's world. Here is trying to imitate his papa on the swings.
He knows his colors and shapes. He is talking up a storm and is about 75% intelligible to me and Kirk and about 50% intelligible to everyone else. He's a little imp who repeats nearly everything in any language spoken to him.
Little man is just a blast even if he's starting to not be so little anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment