Our little guy is a handful who really likes to get his way, but makes us smile until our faces hurt and leaves us wanting to be with him every minute we are away. He is pretty much the world's strongest drug and Kirk and I are beyond addicted.
He is a GREAT eater. There's actually very little he won't eat, well at least if you let him watch TV while eating.
He is extremely opinionated and likes to play certain games in certain ways. He will drag you to exactly where you need to stand or sit.
I love how he talks. I think he has the sweetest voice. I love that it is a guessing game to figure out what he is saying or what language he is speaking in.
Jaisal and stickers. Currently he only likes to put them on himself. Our walls, furniture, and tables thank him.
We play all kinds of Elmo songs on YouTube for him, ABC with India Arie is a favorite as is "Outside" with Elmo and Jason Mraz. (Here he's celebrating his girlfriend Sahana's birthday with his pal Elmo.)
He loves being outside, well unless it's really cold because he hates wearing a hat and gloves. Here he's enjoying the view at the Skokie Lagoon.
We're trying to help Jaisal appreciate the architecture in his hometown. He see skyscrapers and proclaims, "Big buildings. BIG!"
My new most favorite thing about Jaisal? His sleeping habits. Until about 2 weeks ago Jaisal hardly ever slept through the night and even then was awake and ready to play between 4:30 and 5 am and no later than 5:45 am. It hurt. So much. Since Jaisal was sick, he's been sleeping straight through the night and until 7 to 7:30 in the morning. Major silver lining to his illness.
Fine maybe this achievement was reached by allowing him to sleep in bed with us (but honestly we'd tried that before and failed). But, I really can't even be unhappy with little man taking up more than his fair share of the bed because I love seeing his little face next to mine when I wake up in the morning. And while at one point in time Jaisal used to go to bed easily that had changed over the last few months. Now, I ask him if he wants to sleep in the "palang" (bed in Gujarati) and little man will just stop whatever he is doing and start walking back to the bedroom. But not before he says goodnight to whoever isn't headed back to the bed with him. I can't wait to sleep in this weekend since we can't be sure this streak of restfulness will continue.



No comments:
Post a Comment