Saturday, November 17, 2012

Superman!

We're biased but our little guy clearly is super in every way possible, so it only made sense that he dressed up as Superman for Halloween.

Realistically speaking, our costume choices were pretty limited for him because we knew that there was no way he'd wear anything that went on his head and wouldn't enjoy any materials other than material that felt like normal cloth. Our guy has opinions on everything. To make our lives simple, we settled on a basic Superman costume and it turned out little man was happy to wear it.

Jaisal started his day with a Halloween party, aka playdate, with some kids in the neighborhood.


We then went to my cousin's place for a small party and trick or treating. Jaisal is so shy, it's painfully funny. When we got to the party someone tried to talk to him.  Jaisal literally hung his head down and walked into a corner to try to avoid being seen. He does get familiar with people over time, so I can live with the shyness. This is what I got when I asked Jaisal to give his cousin Laila a hug. So cute!



I was not sure if Jaisal would enjoy trick or treating or not. Initially I couldn't get him to go to any houses because all he wanted to do was walk through the leaves.


He definitely kept proclaiming "No trick or treat" when I took him to his first house, but the minute he got to take a piece of candy and put in his bag, he was in for the ritual. Mind you, he never said trick or treat, just held his hand out for candy. Also, no one could put the candy in his bag, he had to do that. He did always say "thank you" and "bye" and sometimes would even throw a "happy Halloween" in there for good measure so I was okay with him being very specific about how trick or treating should work. He loved the decorations and happily proclaimed "pumpkin" or "ghost".  One house did have an inflatable ghoul arch, and Jaisal had to be coaxed to go through that.




All in all, a very successful Halloween, especially since Jaisal managed to survive the night by eating only one piece of candy. (I cannot say the same for me.)

No comments: