Jaisal turned 18 months old this past Tuesday. He is 1.5 years old! I really like that I can refer to his age both in months and years now. This last half year has been quite crazy. I hope the next 6 months (and many years after that) are calmer.
Jaisal is a riot these days. He's not talking, but he's getting better at imitating sounds. He has responses for when we ask what a cow/sheep/dog says. He says "uh oh" at random, and it's just so damn cute that I encourage him to say it more, even if it does not correlate to what he is doing or has done. He is always on the go and loves to be thrown around. I do bicep curls with him, which he thinks is a great game and I pretend is actual exercise. He loves to be swung around, thrown on the bed, or bounce - even if he is bouncing while sitting on the hardwood floors. He likes to turn himself in circles, be outside as much as possible, and takes our keys and tries to open doors. Best of all (in a totally biased ranking of all of these achievements) is that he is starting to eat more solid foods and has on occasion even slept through the night!!!
Jaisal also is growing like a weed. Since his 12-month check-up he's gained 4 lbs 6 oz. and grown 2.75 inches. The weight gain is particularly astonishing since we think his 12-month weight was artificially high by nearly a pound due to his scarred liver and ascites.
We absolutely cannot wait to see what the next months hold, but we hope it holds some trips since we really want to fly with Jaisal before he turns 2 and we have to start paying for a separate seat for him. :)


1 comment:
Post a Comment