dare I say, normal? Last week I went back to work. It wasn't without a lot of trepidation and anxiety, but the fact that I could consider going back to work and seem to be able to consolidate all of Jaisal's medical stuff to one day a week is pretty amazing in and of itself.
Our friends Ann and Brendan got married two weekends ago, and Kirk and I were able to partake in the weekend long festivities. My parents were gracious baby-sitters allowing us to be out on the town multiple nights of the weekend. It's been a LONG time since we've done that. Besides celebrating the wedding itself, which was a blast despite some frostbite (think outdoor pictures on the beach in February in Chicago while wearing peep toe shoes and a strapless dress - it was not pleasant), Kirk and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves while dominating at some foosball at the reception.
Then I was fortunate enough to be offered an extra ticket to possibly the most coveted meal in town by my friend Anjali (thanks for being in Switzerland Aaron :)). I have to admit that a 6 hour dinner on a Wednesday night when I had to be out the door at 6:30 am the next day for labs with Jaisal tested my endurance, but the meal was so amazingly tasty that it was worth it. I have pictures of all 29 courses and a sneaky shot of the chef/owner dining with his girlfriend across from us, but after reviewing the pictures, I am certain that I do not have a future as a food photographer. Thanks again Anjali for such a fabulous dinner and experience!
We also managed to squeeze in a wine tasting event at my brother's place and brunch with my cousin's family. I think we've been on lock down mode since late August last year, so it's nice to start to feel like we can live life again. Plus getting Jaisal out with his cousin Laila made us realize that our little man hasn't quite learned how to share. Every time Laila approached one of her own toys, Jaisal would find a way to weasel in and take over. Guess Sir Oliver needs to keep getting settled in because Jaisal needs some socializing to learn some manners.

2 comments:
well, I would call it a 29 course meal, if *someone* hadn't ordered a course for a second time around...
can't say i didn't enjoy it just as much though
frostbite! please, that's nothing compared to what you're used to enduring in your everyday life. we just wanted to give you perspective. nothing makes me happier than my friends getting out of the house and rocking all weekend long with us at our wedding. love you kids. - A & B
Post a Comment