This news is especially exciting because last week I was absolutely certain that Sir Oliver was not happy. I'd been noticing Jaisal's belly looking big all week and after a week of staring at it, I finally asked Kirk if I was nuts. Nope, he'd noticed the same thing. [Insert expletive here.] Jaisal's belly was soft, so I knew that there was no ascites or anything really problematic, but the last time we'd noticed his belly was large, he'd eventually had rejection. While the two may not be related at all, in my head there was a connection, so I was panicking all week.
Nope. Thankfully I was wrong. Turns out the kid was just gassy and his belly is back to normal. Whew.
Also can I tell you what a great little man Jaisal is? We pulled up to the hospital this morning and were turning into the driveway when he says, "We're here." It was heartbreaking to know that Jaisal knows and recognizes the hospital, but amazing that even with this knowledge he was still happy. He then proceeded to run into the building (loves the revolving doors), onto the escalator, and onto the elevators. All as happy as he can be. He plays with toys while we wait to be called back and runs into the exam rooms when the phlebotomist calls us. No hesitation or crying at all. He didn't whine or cry until he was in the exam chair and the band was being tied around his arm (he hates that part). Even then he only cried until the needle was inserted and then allowed himself to be distracted by the iPad. He perpetually amazes me.
Here's our little brave little guy going for his first dirtbike ride with his daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment