Did I say that I'd do this in a few days after clinic? Hmm, my sense of time might not be so great. :)
Clinic was, as previously mentioned, great! Jaisal's numbers were slightly improved from the last set of labs and were all normal. He's now been off the steroid for two weeks and we will check labs this weekend to see how Sir Oliver is doing.
We also got the okay to not have to come back to clinic for 6 MONTHS! We'll definitely have intervening labs, probably monthly if not more frequently, but it's exciting that they don't want to see him more often than that. 6 months from now (or then) will also coincide nicely with Jaisal's 2 year transplantiversary.
Here are a few pics from the day. Jaisal was making surprised faces at everything I was saying or doing. This was also the day after the Blackhawks won a playoff game in triple overtime, so I told him that and got this expected expression.
Jaisal knows the hospital and he has play plans for every space we're in. As soon as we were in the exam room, Jaisal was ready to check his own blood pressure. He immediately knew how to hook the cuff up to the machine and then asked me to wrap it around him so he could inflate the cuff.
I gave Jaisal the option of taking a cab or the bus home after clinic. He chose the bus. Yay for my public transportation preferring kiddo! He was so excited the whole way home, staring out the the window, and announcing everything we passed. His enthusiasm always brings a smile to my face.



No comments:
Post a Comment