Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fun, fun and more fun

Life is finally returning to normal after the.......Olympics. I have a small obsession with the Olympics, summer and winter, and with the time-delayed events being shown late into the night, I have been in a perpetual state of sleep-deprivation.  Now that I have finally recovered there is time to blog.

Of course over the last few weeks, I tried to instill in Jaisal a love of the Games. His favorite events were gymnastics and diving. We had our own narration for the diving competition. Every dive involved a 1, 2, 3 countdown, followed by JUMP and then clapping and cheering.


Soon Jaisal was climbing onto our coffee table, where he would watch one dive and then proclaim it was his turn and begin his own countdown. Thankfully he would wait until my arms were outstretched before he'd "dive." Sadly there is no video documentation of Jaisal's first dives or our lessons in teaching him to chant USA! USA! in support of the American teams. Nevertheless, I feel as though I've instilled a solid foundation of Olympic love in Jaisal and therefore one of my mom responsibilities is complete.

Other recent activities include a visit to the farmer's market with Timo. They're still mostly into parallel play, but they do seem to be interested in what the other is doing, so maybe they'll start actually playing together soon.


We also had a play date with Sahana. Of course when the two Indian kids get together they would decide to reenact a scene from nearly any Hindi movie made in the last 30 years. Scene: The hero, Jaisal, is in a field in a scenic location.


The heroine runs to him.


But then the tried and true script is twisted, when the hero runs away from the heroine instead of engaging in an embrace and starting a song and dance sequence.


Nearly 2-year old actors are so unreliable.

No comments: