Results are in - liver function has remained stable!!!! One more test in two weeks and then Jaisal could officially be off steroids. His last prograf level came back in his new range (5 to 7) too, so if everything is good in two weeks we won't need to tweak meds until December. At the next clinic appointment we'll talk about potentially spacing his labs out to every 2 months instead of every month. Any less pokes this kid has to experience is great in my book, so you know what I'll be advocating for....
Other than that, we've just been enjoying this super hot and humid summer. Here's little man with his best friend.
Since Jaisal has been born, I've been to the Lake Michigan beaches (for non-volleyball playing purposes) more times than my entire life combined. I even went in the water, something I have not done since I was maybe 10. The things you do for kids.
For this outing, we got Jaisal a shovel and a bucket. I was trying to teach him the art of burying people but he just liked making piles of sand next to my foot. I guess that's at least better than him eating the sand or getting in my hair.
Jaisal never sits up straight, unless, I guess he's between his grandma and Jim. We might need to have them around more often to work on his posture. The kid is a very typical boy. As soon as the TV is on, particularly if it's tuned to his favorite show, Bubble Guppies, it does not matter what else is going on in the world. Only the TV matters. It's pretty amusing and frightening at the same time.
The strawberries were not good enough for Jaisal to eat himself, but clearly they were good enough for the zebra. Jaisal went so far as to say "mmm mmm mmm" while trying to feed the zebra. It appears my coercive feeding efforts have been adapted by Jaisal for his own purposes.
Jaisal has begun to learn that sleep does not only take place in his room or, much to my chagrin, alone. On this day, he woke up crying from a nap, so I went and picked him up. As soon as we were in the living room, he climbed up onto my shoulder and fell asleep. After a little while I was able to put him onto the couch where he happily slept for another hour.
Jaisal sleeping on the couch was far preferable to what happened a few nights ago when we had big storms with lots of thunder and lightening. Jaisal woke up and decided to play for a half hour at 3 am and then would only sleep on top of me, criss-crossed across my body with his elbow conveniently jabbing me in the throat. As many a parent has said and I am beginning to truly believe - I am pretty sure I am never going to sleep again. At least he's cute too look at when he's sleeping. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment