Okay so I'm pretty sure that prednisolone is not a banned substance for athletes, but if it is, Jaisal won't be failing any drug tests because he is officially steroid free!!!!!!!
We went in for labs last Friday and found out this morning that his liver numbers have continued to improve after being off the steroids for a whole month. In fact, I am pretty sure that two of his liver numbers are the lowest they have ever been since transplant!! Clearly we were ecstatic with these results.
Want to hear something crazy? Technically Jaisal's lab results were available as of 5 pm on Friday, just after the clinic office staff left for the weekend. In the past, I would have called the hospital on-call doctors to get the results. This is totally not their job, but impatient me could not wait days to get results. Lately though, we've been getting back to focusing on Jaisal (and all the cleaning and bill paying and other household chores that never seem to be quite complete), so I waited to get the results until the nurse practitioners were back in the office. That is such a huge step for me and a sign that we're all healing after this whole ordeal. It's nice not be a super frantic control freak all the time, just most of the time. (Okay, before I go ahead and give myself too many pats on the back, I have to admit that had I not received the results by 9 am this morning, I would have been calling in. Thankfully our nurse is awesome and called us at 8:07, 7 minutes after her shift started. Thank you Naomi for saving me from myself.)
This picture has nothing to do with anything, but I just think Jaisal is cute imitating his daddy.

No comments:
Post a Comment