The plan was for everyone to head to the farm for Christmas. That was the plan. Holidays don't really go to plan for us. We kind of have a holiday curse. I won't bore you with our track record over the last few years, but there is ample proof of the existence of the curse.
This year we were ready. Ready to do a big family celebration. Ready to start building traditions for Jaisal. Ready for everyone to be in Ohio together. Then the holiday curse struck.
Friday before Christmas, Kirk's mom, who was already in Ohio, begins vomiting. We assume it's food poisoning or maybe a stomach bug. Either way, we decide that Kirk will go check on his mom and that I will stay back with my parents and Jaisal until we know whether Kirk's mom is contagious. In my mind I figured the worst case scenario was that we have to wait until Monday to drive to Ohio. It made complete sense to send clothes, presents, etc. along with Kirk in the empty car. Big mistake. By Sunday, Kirk's mom is complaining of serious stomach pain. Off to the hospital they go and in Chicago the rest of us remain. And that is how we stayed until Thursday, December 27 when Kirk's mom got discharged.
No big family Christmas. No presents to exchange. Bah Humbug! Well okay not really no presents to exchange. We did manage to give Jaisal some of his presents from my family. One of which wasn't going to make the trip to Ohio anyway.
Jaisal had no hesitation about ripping open packages. He kept saying "more presents" not because he wanted more things but because he enjoyed tearing off wrapping paper.
Jaisal's big present was a Mini Cooper S from his Alpesh mama and Shaili mami. I'm not going to lie, I thought it was so awesome. Thankfully so did Jaisal. He loved getting in and out of the car. He doesn't quite have the control to push down on the pedal to accelerate the car, which is great because that thing can go 5 mph. I'd actually have to run to keep up with him and that's too close to exercise for my liking.
What's the point of a sweet ride if you can't take your friends out for a spin?
Oh no, already texting while driving.
Little man had fun opening these presents and being showered with a ton of attention from his grandparents and mama and mami. Although I would like to one year just try to have Christmas go as planned or at least without some sort of medical crisis, this ended up being quite fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment