We're out of the hospital! It was truly a 24-hour admission, and Jaisal actually slept pretty well in the hospital. I, on the other hand, only managed about 3 total hours of sleep between a midnight magnesium and Jaisal deciding that it was playtime from 4:30 until 6 am. I am definitely looking forward to my own bed tonight.
Overall, everything is looking good. Jaisal's prograf level came down nicely after skipping two doses. The doctors have reduced his twice daily dose a bit further to a) keep him in his therapeutic range and b) give his body a better shot at fighting these illnesses. His magnesium level also came up after two IV infusions. We'll be back in for labs on Saturday to see how he's faring after a few days at home.
The illnesses; what can I say, little man never does anything in a simple manner. Tests showed that he not only has rotavirus (which we suspected) but also c-diff. I've got a call in to the pediatrician to see how long the rotavirus is contagious for since that one is spread pretty easily. We know he'll have the c-diff for a little while, but thankfully that is a little less spreadable with adequate precautions. We will be engaging in a massive bleach-based house cleaning to try to kill off any of the c-diff that may have spread. It's going to smell quite lovely in our home later tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment