Yesterday (Thursday) had the potential to be an amazing day. The weather was still unseasonably warm, Chris was going to visit with Acadia and Rylan, and all of Jaisal's medical appointments had been canceled (by the providers, not me). I was thrilled for a mom and Jaisal day. And then Jaisal woke up and vomited 5 minutes later. Everything went downhill from there.
It turns out that there is a stomach bug going around, and although we are insane about keeping our place clean, washing our hands, and limiting Jaisal's contact with other people, he still somehow managed to pick up the bug. The poor kid couldn't keep anything in. By some miracle though, the only oral things he kept down all day were his two primary immune suppressants. I was out of luck with all other foods and medications. The lowlight of the day was when he vomited as I was trying to put him down for a nap (all over himself, me, and the floor) and then had an accident in the tub right as I was trying to clean up the vomit. It's truly a glamorous job being a parent.
Little man was pretty miserable all day. He was only semi-content when he was in my arms. If I put him down for even a second he was instantly crying, which I feared would lead to another round of vomiting. He even took his nap in my lap.
(He's not wearing anything in this picture because we went through an insane amount of clothes yesterday and eventually resorted to him just spending the day in his diaper because all of his short sleeve t-shirts and onesies were in the wash. This weather is creating havoc on my wardrobe options for Jaisal.)
Thankfully he appears to be doing better today and is eating a little bit more. I'm hoping the bug is out of his system completely by Sunday. Of course that completely ruins our weekend. We were all supposed to take a family trip to Ohio to see family and friends. Unfortunately we can't risk Jaisal spreading his illness to Kirk's mom, so Jaisal and I will be staying in Chicago while Kirk goes to Ohio. This is the second weekend in a row that our trip to Ohio has been cancelled. Not cool universe. Not cool at all. Although with Kirk gone, I have a feeling that sleeping will entail me, Jaisal, and the pup all cuddled in bed together. That's not such a bad thing to look forward to for the weekend. :)

1 comment:
so sorry Jaisal got that stupid bug! sounds like it is everywhere! hope he is doing much better today!
Post a Comment