Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter Hunt

Saturday afternoon we did an egg hunt for the kids and a beer hunt for the grown-ups. (Sorry for the low res pictures, they're uploaded from the iPad.)


We hid 50 eggs around the backyard and all the kids ran around to find them. Sidney was the clear champion with 21 eggs, but Jaisal held his own and found 9 eggs. I wasn't sure whether he'd be interested in looking for eggs or not, but each time he found one, he loved shaking it to hear what was inside.



(I swear he was having fun. The kid just does not smile for the camera.)

After the kids finished their hunt, the adults had a beer hunt. We worked as teams of couples, with each couple's kid or kids serving as their handicap. The rules were simple, the first team to find 6 beers won. You could not pick up another beer until you had finished drinking your first beer.

You'll notice the kids had their baskets and the adults had their own "baskets."


Kirk and I made the grievous error of purchasing some craft-like brews for the hunt. Although these beers may be tasty, they are not great for drinking in a somewhat quick manner on a warm sunny afternoon. The worst of all was a Holy Moses White Ale. It was such a heavy beer and definitely was not adequately cooled. When Kirk and I found a second bottle of the White Ale, we contemplated leaving it and searching for something else, just so we wouldn't have to drink it. The competitors in us chose to pick up the bottle, but clearly I was not happy about having to drink any of that particular beer.


In the end Team Bacastow Shah emerged victorious in the beer hunt, with Team Martin a close second. Truly Team Martin deserved to win since Jason drank all the beer himself (he was within a quarter beer of beating us) while Kelly wrangled the kids, but I'll take our technical victory. We are the champions! Woo hoo! :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

How FUN! Jealous :-)