The story of our little man, his sister, and our family's journey with biliary atresia, liver transplantation and beyond.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Parent Brain Mush
Jaisal and general kiddyness have infiltrated all aspects of my life. Case and point, as I was doing some research for a client, I realized I was humming "She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain." I actually really dislike that song and there is no logical reason why I'd willingly be thinking of that song or humming it while away from Jaisal. I have no other explanation then the fact that I must be experiencing parent brain mush. A situation where kiddyness has slowly turned my brain into Play-doh and all that sticks in it are kid-related things, songs, toys, cartoons, etc. Parent brain mush has got to be real syndrome, right? Without that as an explanation, I'd be forced to accept the fact that kid songs are my music of choice now - an unacceptable, terrible fate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What's also fun is "grown-up" tunes that have been re-created with kids' words. And one of my particular favorites...Ed sings a potty song that goes to the tune of an adult song. If I can get it on tape, I'd love to put it on our blog, but I think he might shoot me!
If I survived "I love you, you love me," hideously intoned by Barney, the Purple Dinosaur, you'll survive "She'll be comin' 'round the mountain." A heavy dose of Led Zeppelin at top volume now and then also tends to flush out the ears -- and the head . . .
Ben
Post a Comment