We still haven't received a conclusive answer as to whether I can be Jaisal's donor or not. I do know that my blood work was fine and that my liver is the right size and volume for the donor surgery. The outstanding concern is the anatomy of my liver. I had to go in to NMH on Wednesday to get a CT Angiogram to look at the vein and arteries in my liver (or at least that is what I understood them to be looking at).
I waited all day yesterday to hear what the surgeons thought. It was AGONIZING. I felt like a dazed zombie, who instead of seeking out brains, could only think about livers. Finally at 5:30 or so, I got a call from the nurse coordinator at NMH. No answers yet! Dammit.
She told me that my liver is completely healthy but the vein and artery structure is giving the surgeons some pause. I'm not sure if it's the surgeons at NMH or CMH or both, but they are still discussing whether I can be Jaisal's donor. We may have an answer today or it may drag into the weekend. The news was definitely deflating. I mean clearly I want to be Jaisal's donor and get moving onto this next phase of his life and ours, but at the same time I want him to have the best liver possible, even if it isn't mine.
The arduous wait continues and we're all going to try to make it through this day and be somewhat functional.
No comments:
Post a Comment