Sunday, January 8, 2012

More pictures

Jaisal is a crazy fun little man these days. He is walking again and unlike before transplant, he likes people! He smiles and plays with anyone (after a warm-up period) and for us he is a hugging, kissing machine. We LOVE it.

Now that Jaisal is tolerating room air, we are allowed to take him on wagon rides without monitors and without having to be assisted by a nurse. I think we take about 15 wagon rides around the floor each day. Everyone loves seeing him around the floor, with the common theme being he's so cute - or as our current respiratory therapist says - so stinkin' cute. I think he's an oddity on the floor, because in so many external ways he looks fine and is more mobile than nearly everyone on the floor, regardless of age, so it's fun for them to see the little guy making the rounds.


Today we made it up to the Brown Family Life Center (without triggering a Code Pink). Jaisal played with a few toys before making it to the main attraction, therapy dogs!!


Our favorite was Mischa, who had no qualms with Jaisal occasionally forgetting to pet and instead pulling on her lovely fur.


She was probably more tolerant of Jaisal's behavior since all he wanted to do was feed her treats - slices of apple off of a fork.


We even got Jaisal to hug the puppy, something he can't do with Denali at home because Denali won't stay still long enough for Jaisal to hug her.


Jaisal also got some love from this golden doodle and another dog named Ninja. I think Jaisal enjoyed the foray away from the second floor and getting to play with the dogs, but I think I may have enjoyed petting and hugging the dogs the most.


This is one of the protective shields used on Jaisal's nether regions when he has to get chest x-rays. It amuses me to no end, so I thought I'd share.


Look at me exceeding expectations and posting pictures not once, but twice in a day. It's a wonder what reliable high speed internet will do for my blogging.

4 comments:

jreremy said...

Nicole and I love these pictures, its great to see Jaisal so lively, and of course, you know we are suckers for any pictures that have friendly doggies in them ;>) Good luck rounding out these breathing issues, it seems you are on the cusp of being home. Thinking of you guys always!!

Priya Bhatia said...

These pictures are great. I'm happy to see Jaisal so active! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you guys get to go home soon!!

Noelle said...

Dude! We never got a Save the Gonads shield! Or did we? You'd think I'd notice something like that! It's funny! I kinda want one. Jaisal looks great - and stinkin' cute. The flat belly is so nice, isn't it? LOVE! I hope they figure out that bipap mess soon. What a crazy, frustrating reason to have to stay in the PICU!
Jack and I will be at Children's tomorrow. He has to see Neurology (long story) which is at the annex but we want to stop in the main hospital and see Shelby. They won't let Jack in the PICU but maybe we can stop by the desk and have them let you know we're there for a quick "Hi!" IF you're still there.

Chris and Scott said...

Awesome post - made our day. It's all about saving the gonads!