Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tweaking

That's what we're doing to Jaisal's home bipap machine to see if we can find a setting that will allow us to go home. Thus far tonight, we've had mediocre success. I don't think we'll be able to get discharged tomorrow, maybe Monday.

Although I'm beyond excited to go home, I am definitely nervous about going home with bipap. I feel like we'll have to continue staying awake overnight  once we're home to make sure the mask stays on, to respond to alarms on the machine, and to make sure Jaisal doesn't pull off tubing. I have no idea how we'll manage when we have regular life to deal with too. I know we'd both rather deal worth this logistical issue than spend more time in the hospital.

The respiratory tech just walked in with another machine we're going to try with Jaisal. #4. Yup, definitely not going home before Monday.

No comments: