(-10 weeks adjusted)
Today was a big day. Riya and I did 3 hours of kangaroo care. I love that she always looks at me for a bit when she first gets settled on me. I still can't tell what color her eyes are, but as she opens her eyes more and gets bigger, I'm sure I'll finally get a good look. I also love looking at her little head and hair. Her hair is lighter than Jaisal's was when he was born and she has a tuft of blonde hair right in front. It's adorable. It's also great to see her heart rate settle down when she's on me. When she's in her incubator it tends to average in the 160s, but when she's on me she's usually in the 150s and even spends a fair amount of time in the 140s.
All her labs are looking good too, so the bili lights got turned off. Her feeds were also increased to 19 ml every 3 hours. Full feeds for her will be around 26 ml every 3 hours so she's rapidly approaching full feeds. The doctors also decided to fortify my breastmilk with fortifier so that she gets some extra vitamins and minerals (and calories). A baby's bone density reaches its peak in the third trimester so Riya missed out on some of that crucial development time. While my breastmilk is really great for her, the extra fortification will really help with the bone development.
The decision was also made to take Riya off of cpap and move onto a high flow nasal cannula. They're skipping the 4L of flow to go straight to 2L. Hopefully she'll tolerate it well.
Today was a big day. Riya and I did 3 hours of kangaroo care. I love that she always looks at me for a bit when she first gets settled on me. I still can't tell what color her eyes are, but as she opens her eyes more and gets bigger, I'm sure I'll finally get a good look. I also love looking at her little head and hair. Her hair is lighter than Jaisal's was when he was born and she has a tuft of blonde hair right in front. It's adorable. It's also great to see her heart rate settle down when she's on me. When she's in her incubator it tends to average in the 160s, but when she's on me she's usually in the 150s and even spends a fair amount of time in the 140s.
All her labs are looking good too, so the bili lights got turned off. Her feeds were also increased to 19 ml every 3 hours. Full feeds for her will be around 26 ml every 3 hours so she's rapidly approaching full feeds. The doctors also decided to fortify my breastmilk with fortifier so that she gets some extra vitamins and minerals (and calories). A baby's bone density reaches its peak in the third trimester so Riya missed out on some of that crucial development time. While my breastmilk is really great for her, the extra fortification will really help with the bone development.
The decision was also made to take Riya off of cpap and move onto a high flow nasal cannula. They're skipping the 4L of flow to go straight to 2L. Hopefully she'll tolerate it well.
No comments:
Post a Comment