Riya continues to be totally unremarkable, which is absolutely awesome! No changes in her respiratory support though that might change this weekend. If she continues to do well on the nasal cannula they'll switch her over to room air and then hopefully at 32w we'll wean the caffeine to see how she breathes all on her own.
Riya also continues to gain weight. She's up to 3 lbs. 9 oz. The last few days have been pretty large weight gains, but I think part of it can be attributed to needing to poop. (Sorry if that's TMI, but it's the things that we think of and deal with.) The goal for her is to gain on average 30 grams a day as measured over a week. To get her there, we increased her feeds again to 27 ml every 3 hours. We are also increasing fortification to 24 calories per ounce. For now this is full feeds for her.
Her bili is up again a tiny bit so she'll get repeat labs on Saturday. Hopefully with more food (and some pooping) that bili number will come down on its own.
Riya and I continue to do kangaroo care every day, usually for 2-3 hours. It's one of the best parts of my day to hold my little girl, look her right in the eyes for the short times she's awake, and get to kiss her little head. I'm kind of amazed at all of the great benefits that Riya receives just from having contact with me (or Kirk).
I love how relaxed she looks.
Sleeping on me during kangaroo care.
Eyes open! We're having a great debate about what color her eyes are. I think we'll need to wait until she's bigger and wakeful for longer periods of time before we have an answer to that question.



No comments:
Post a Comment