Well more accurately, moving over. Riya got moved to the step down unit on the north side of the NICU. I didn't think we'd be here for a few more weeks but since she's managing without respiratory support, she's officially a feeder/grower now. That means her goals to get out of here are to learn to eat and get bigger. It's still going to take a while but is an exciting change.
The step down unit is the big leagues. I think all the kids in this set of bays are in open cribs. One even weighs 3300 grams! Riya has good examples to learn from. Thankfully she'll be learning from the penthouse of NICU bays - we have lake views, woo hoo!
As part of Riya's f/g status she gained 60 grams in the last day. She's pooping like a champ (though her heart rate shoots up to 200 when she's working on a poop) and her bili is dropping. She's getting some supplemental iron, but otherwise fortified breast milk is all she needs.
I'm allowed to take her out of the isolette on my own now. I cradled her for the first time, rather than going directly into kangaroo care. It was awesome to look into her tiny face.
All in all, a good Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment