Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 12

Quiet day.  Riya lost a little weight,  20 grams, but I expected that.  She's pooping like a champ now.  That hopefully will help her bili too.

No events with respiratory or her heart.  We're leaving her breathing support alone for now.

I was also wrong about feeds. We're increasing again, so I guess 27ml q3 wasn't her max.  We're now moving to 30ml q3. I'm still pumping more than double her needs right now and am about to exhaust the freezer space allocated to us. It's a good problem to have, and I'm lucky my body adapts so well to pumping (having done that exclusivily for Jaisal from 4 months until 13 months so that he'd drink his special formula).

We had our super creative night nurse last night.  She got a print of Riya's footprints for us, made her a new sign that is so insanely cute, and made us another lovey  (the heart in the picture). I'm supposed to sleep with the lovey so that it gets my scent and then Riya sleeps with it under her head. I feel like it's similar to the advice you get for how you acclimate the dog to a new baby,  but hey if it works or provides some comfort,  I'm happy to do it.

No comments: