Riya continues to do well. She didn't have any episodes while on the high flow nasal cannula. Next step will likely be breathing room air and then taking her off the caffeine to see if she can remember to breathe fairly regularly without the stimulus.
She's also feeding well. She's been moved up to 23 ml of breast milk every 3 hours. My milk is being fortified with extra calories and nutrients to help her gain weight and help her bones develop. The plan will be to increase the caloric content of my milk further and get her up to full feeds, which will likely be about 26 ml every 3 hours. The big news is that her feeds are enough liquid for her now, so we can discontinue the TPN she was receiving through her central line.
By the time I see her tomorrow morning the IV in her arm should be gone. Her nurse said with that gone, I should be able to take her out of the isolette by myself! That's a pretty exciting and scary thought at the same time.
I'm having some trouble posting photos from my phone, so I'll add them later.
No comments:
Post a Comment