And now the most important thing - a great big THANK YOU to all of you. We received so many calls, texts, emails, singing messengers, pigeon posts, etc. letting us know that you were thinking of Kirk and Jaisal. It was amazing to see how many of you care about us. We feel beyond lucky to have such wonderful, caring, thoughtful family and friends in our lives.
I have to give separate and special thanks to my parents, my brother and his fiance Shaili, and Ann. My mom was with me all day at CMH, while my dad stayed with Kirk. They then stayed with Jaisal so that I could be with Kirk at NMH. Alpesh and Shaili stayed with Kirk as well and played fetch for me so that I could stay with Kirk. And Ann, she flew in from LA on the red eye, made me pumpkin cookies, fed me all day, bounced around between hospitals AND started getting worked up as Jaisal's donor. I mean, I always knew my parents were awesome (but shhh don't tell them I said that or they'll get full of themselves), and it's no surprise that my brother and future sister-in-law stepped up when needed, but I have no idea how I ended up with such an extraordinary person as my best friend.
Man - I managed not to cry all day yesterday but thinking about all the family and friend love finally put me over the edge. I'm such a softie.
1 comment:
Hi there. This is Susan from Tiny Sparrow Foundation. We got your email but there was not an email for us to connect with you. Please email us at susanp@tinysparrowfoundation.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Post a Comment