That's the word being used to describe the sound of Jaisal's lungs. He's got mucous that we just can't seem to break up and is the likely cause of his breathing difficulties. We're going to employ a few new tactics today to get rid of this junk. I think if we can get some of this mucous out, Jaisal will be back to breathing on his own in no time. Watching your kid de-sat and needing lots of intervention sucks. I have lots of new sympathy and empathy for a fellow liver mom whose sweet daughter has constant breathing difficulties due to liver disease.
On the bright side, Jaisal's liver labs continue to trend in the right direction. We're hoping for more good news from the ultrasound.
3 comments:
can't imagine what it's like watching your sweet little guy... he is a stubborn little fighter! :) praying -- glad he is getting some sleep :)
Oh my! That sounds exactly like Shelby was on post-op day 2 after her shunt surgery a year ago. She did not need to be re-intubated, but her sats kept falling, they did a stat x-ray, respiratory therapy was brought in immediately and she needed a blood transfusion. I went out in the hall, slid down the wall and lost it. I cried buckets of tears. The chaplain found me and took me (in one of those little rooms) and got me calmed down. When I got back to Shelby's room we all held our breath all afternoon watching her sats. They turned the alarm down b/c it was constantly going off and we had the nasal cannula and a blow-by mask trying to get her sats up. She was sound asleep and wouldn't wake, but kept breathing. She had to be put on 9 liters (wow, sounded like so much back then...), but improved. Long story short. Been there...almost. Him stopping breathing must have been unreal, but, and I hate saying this b/c I would don't want Shelby to go through being re-intubated, but now he can rest and heal. His little body must have been working so hard with all the pain that breathing was too much for him. (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) and more (((HUGS)))
Lots of prayers going out for good health and rest..Love, Auntie Sammie :)
Post a Comment