Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pain Management

The best medicine? Parental love. My first attempt at holding Jaisal to calm him ended in spectacular failure. After another horrible hour of him in bed, awesome nurse Kim and I decided to ignore Jaisal's bed rest orders and allow him to sleep upright on my shoulder. Success! Jaisal was finally calm and actually slept for the first time since coming out of the OR. We were actually able to reduce his pain meds a bit and I think with the help of some additional respiratory therapy, today should go more smoothly. Fingers crossed.

Jaisal's first few set of labs look good. We'll have an ultrasound this morning to check blood flow to his liver. Lots more blood draws today and we'll start a few more meds.

I am going to try to sleep for a few hours before tagging back in to holding Jaisal duty. My biceps should be awesome after this.

4 comments:

cfb_jason said...

Good to hear everything is going well. Wishing Jaisal and everyone the best. When little dude gets on his feet send us some pics.

Tag Kirk back so he can hold Jaisal, his biceps are getting pretty flabby.

Samantha said...

So glad that Jaisal slept, that his first few sets of labs looked good and that his pain meds were reduced a bit. Wishing you all the best for the additional respiratory therapy, ultrasound and blood draws. You have inspired me to work on my biceps! My love to Kirk, you and Jaisal... :)

tangie said...

so glad Jaisal finally was able to sleep... I hope you & Kirk get some, too!! praying each hour just gets better :)

Jenn said...

I'm going to take it that no new updates means everyone is resting :-) and resting well! That is so awesome you got to hold him! I miss my days of being able to hold Shelby. She's just too big now :-( I believe cuddling is great healing medicine - for everyone. So happy for you guys!