Friday, December 30, 2011

Pictures

Pictures, later than promised. I like that we have a room in the back corner of the PICU, but it took me 5 attempts over an hour to upload just two pictures, while I was able to upload all of these in 5 minutes by just stepping out of the PICU. Chaos.

Here's little man after getting his staples removed. His scar is going to look really good.


Jaisal administers one of his own meds. He dips the pink swab in the cup and swishes it around his mouth. All of the nurses are pretty impressed by him. I'm guessing not too many kids give themselves their meds at 16 months of age.



I honestly am amazed that Jaisal isn't more stir crazy. He's been in the same room for over two weeks now, and the majority of that time has been spent in this crib. He has taken to using hospital items as toys. Cups are his recent fascination.


The stethoscope is another toy. He is happy to give himself an exam.



Play time on the mat. I still can't believe how white his eyes are and how not yellow his skin is.


Sleep time. Jaisal likes to keep one stuffed animal for hugging and one on his head. We spend a majority of our waking hours overnight, monitoring Jaisal's bipap mask. He seems to like to stick his lip out of the bottom and create pressure leaks. The mask is only effective if the leak rate is below 50, so we're constantly adjusting the mask to keep the leak rate low enough, all while trying not to disturb Jaisal.


Mine and Kirk's overnight bed. We take turns sleeping and watching Jaisal. After two weeks on a broken chair, we accepted the fact that we're going to be here a while and finally got one that didn't collapse in the middle. I'm sure that to a normal person the chair isn't all that comfortable, but we're so tired that within a minute of laying down, we are dead to the world.

1 comment:

Chris and Scott said...

Is that chub we see? Jaisal looks awesome. Seeing this makes it all worth it :)