In case you weren't aware, we're a little obsessed with organ donation over here. As part of that obsession, I can't help but focus on how long Jaisal has been waiting for a new liver. As of today, Jaisal has been listed for transplant for 99 days. For 38 of those 99 days, he has been listed at a PELD score of 30 - a pretty high score - and he's only had a real offer for 2 poor quality livers. (Although I am tremendously thankful to those individuals and their families for trying to donate organs.)
Thankfully, it looks like our wait may be ending, because thankfully, we are lucky enough that Jaisal needs an organ that he can get from a living donor.
Thankfully, we have Scott in our lives, a friend, actually family, who is willing to donate part of his liver to Jaisal.
Thankfully Scott has Chris, a super supportive wife who is willing to uproot their whole lives, including their two adorable little ones, to spend a couple weeks in Chicago so that Jaisal can get a new liver.
And last but not least, thankfully we have a transplant date scheduled for this Monday, December 12!!
Our fingers, toes, and everything else are all crossed that Jaisal gets his new liver and his new life on Monday. I ask that each of you send your love, thoughts, prayers, etc. (no animal sacrifices please, we're all nature lovers) to Scott and Jaisal. I'll be updating this blog regularly with updates about both of these great guys.
6 comments:
Praying for Jaisal and family and also for Scott and his family.
So exciting. Thinking of you all!
Hi Krupa and Kirk,
I'm so happy to hear this news and I will continue to send my love to Jaisal and to his amazing parents. Scott and his family are truly a blessing!
Love, Cherry
yay yay yay!!! continuing to pray for all of you!!
Sending positive vibes and much love to you all!! I am working and volunteering around the clock and always checking the blogs for updates...
Auntie Sammie :)
SO excited for you guys for tomorrow! Please do updates...I'll be checking regularly. Yay, Yay, Yay...no more BA (soon)!
Post a Comment